For those who qualify, weight loss surgery can be life-changing. Dr. David. G. Davtyan of The Weight Loss Surgery Center of Los Angeles proudly offers safe and minimally-invasive weight loss procedures and bariatric surgeries to patients in Marina del Rey. Dr. Davtyan is Board Certified in Surgery and Bariatric Medicine and regarded as one of the most respected weight loss surgeons in the Los Angeles area.
Schedule Your Consultation with the Weight Loss Surgery Center of Los Angeles Now!
As a bariatric patient himself, Dr. Davtyan understands how to help patients achieve effective weight loss through advanced procedures that involve less risks and less downtime than traditional gastric bypass. To accommodate the needs and preferences of each patient, our weight loss clinic near Marina del Rey offers the following endoscopic weight loss procedures to help you achieve your goals:
- Lap-Band surgery
- Sleeve Gastrectomy (laparoscopic gastric sleeve surgery)
- Lap-Band removal and revision surgery
- Gastric plication surgery
- Gastric balloon (Orbera® and Obalon™)
Is Weight Loss Surgery Right for You?
Weight loss surgery, also known as bariatric surgery, is typically recommended for individuals with a body mass index (BMI) of 40 or higher, or a BMI of 35 or higher with obesity-related health problems such as diabetes, high blood pressure, or sleep apnea.
Weight loss surgery is not a first-line treatment for obesity, and it is usually recommended only after other weight loss strategies, such as diet and exercise, have been unsuccessful. It’s important to note that weight loss surgery is a major procedure and should be considered carefully after consulting with Dr. Davtyan, a qualified and experienced weight loss surgeon in Marina del Rey.
To determine if our endoscopic weight loss surgeries are right for you, Dr. Davtyan will evaluate your overall health, medical history, and lifestyle factors. It’s important to also consider the potential risks and benefits of weight loss surgery and to have a thorough understanding of the procedure and what changes may be required after your bariatric surgery.
Gastric Sleeve – Superior Solution in Bariatric Surgery
Gastric sleeve surgery, also known as sleeve gastrectomy, is a type of weight loss surgery that involves removing a large portion of the stomach, leaving behind a smaller, banana-shaped portion. This procedure is often considered a more preferred weight loss surgery for several reasons:
- High success rate: Gastric sleeve surgery has been shown to be highly effective in promoting weight loss and improving obesity-related health problems, such as diabetes and high blood pressure. Studies have shown that patients can lose up to 60% of their excess weight within the first year after surgery.
- Reduced hunger: Gastric sleeve surgery reduces the size of the stomach, which can lead to a decrease in appetite and a feeling of fullness after eating smaller portions.
- Fewer complications: Compared to other weight loss surgeries, such as gastric bypass surgery, gastric sleeve surgery has a lower risk of complications such as dumping syndrome and nutritional deficiencies.
- Shorter hospital stay: Gastric sleeve surgery is a less complex procedure than other weight loss surgeries, which means that it typically requires a shorter hospital stay and recovery time.
- No foreign objects: Unlike gastric band surgery, which involves placing a band around the stomach to restrict food intake, gastric sleeve surgery does not involve the use of foreign objects.
To learn more about why sleeve gastrectomy may be the most beneficial weight loss surgery for you, please schedule a complimentary consultation with Dr. Davtyan in Marina del Rey.
Learn More About Minimally-Invasive Bariatric Surgery in Marina del Rey
At The Weight Loss Surgery Center Of Los Angeles, we offer a spectrum of medical endoscopic, surgical, and minimally invasive weight loss procedures with outstanding outcomes. Dr. Davtyan is a well-recognized, highly respected weight loss surgeon with over 28 years of experience. Our Marina del Rey weight loss team considers it a privilege to help patients overcome the challenges of being obese or overweight so that they can live a healthier, longer, and more confident life.