Ready for weight loss surgery? If you are interested in a safe and minimally-invasive bariatric procedure with successful outcomes, we can help. Dr. David. G. Davtyan of The Weight Loss Surgery Center of Los Angeles proudly offers a full menu of advanced weight loss procedures and bariatric surgeries to patients in Redlands. Dr. Davtyan is Board Certified in Surgery and Bariatric Medicine and regarded as one of the most respected weight loss surgeons in the Los Angeles area.
Schedule Your Consultation with the Weight Loss Surgery Center of Los Angeles Now!
As a bariatric patient himself, Dr. Davtyan understands how to help patients achieve life-changing weight loss through innovative and endoscopic procedures that involve less risks and less downtime than traditional gastric bypass. Our Redlands area clinic proudly offers the following weight loss procedures to help you achieve your goals towards a healthy body and improved quality of life:
- Lap-Band surgery
- Sleeve Gastrectomy (laparoscopic gastric sleeve surgery)
- Lap-Band removal and revision surgery
- Gastric plication surgery
- Gastric balloon (Orbera® and Obalon™)
Popular Options in Minimally-Invasive Bariatric Surgery
Some of the most proven and trusted minimally-invasive weight loss surgeries performed by Dr. Davtyan include:
- Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy: This surgery involves removing a large portion of the stomach, leaving a small, banana-shaped section. This reduces the amount of food that can be consumed, leading to weight loss.
- Laparoscopic Adjustable Gastric Banding: In this procedure, a small silicone band is placed around the upper portion of the stomach, creating a small pouch. This limits the amount of food that can be consumed, leading to weight loss.
- Non-Surgical Gastric Balloon: In this procedure, a soft silicone balloon is placed in the stomach and filled with saline solution. This makes the patient feel full faster and reduces the amount of food they can eat.
It’s important to note that these minimally-invasive weight loss procedures are not a quick fix for weight loss and should be considered after other weight loss methods have been attempted and failed. They also require a commitment to lifestyle changes, including a healthy diet and regular exercise, to achieve long-term success.
Do You Meet the Criteria for Weight Loss Surgery?
The criteria for weight loss surgery, also known as bariatric surgery, can vary depending on the individual and the specific surgery being considered. However, in general, the following criteria may be used to determine if a person is a candidate for weight loss surgery:
- Body Mass Index (BMI): A BMI of 40 or greater is typically considered a qualification for weight loss surgery. Individuals with a BMI between 35 and 39.9 may also be considered if they have obesity-related health problems such as diabetes, high blood pressure, or sleep apnea.
- Failed Attempts at Weight Loss: Candidates for weight loss surgery should have attempted to lose weight through traditional methods such as diet and exercise but have not achieved significant, sustained weight loss.
- Age: Candidates for weight loss surgery are usually between the ages of 18 and 65.
- Health Conditions: Candidates for weight loss surgery should not have any medical conditions that would increase their risk of surgery. Additionally, they should not have any untreated psychological disorders.
- Commitment to Lifestyle Changes: Candidates for weight loss surgery must be willing to make significant changes to their diet and exercise habits in order to maintain their weight loss after surgery.
- Nutritional Deficiencies: Candidates for weight loss surgery should not have any significant nutritional deficiencies that would prevent them from tolerating the necessary dietary changes after surgery.
It’s important to note that each case is unique, and the decision to undergo weight loss surgery at The Weight Loss Surgery Center of Los Angeles should be made in consultation with Dr. Davtyan, who can evaluate individual circumstances and determine the most appropriate treatment plan.
Schedule Your Gastric Sleeve Consult in Redlands
Did you know that gastric sleeve surgery, or sleeve gastrectomy, is the most commonly performed bariatric surgery in the United States? According to the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery (ASMBS), in 2020, sleeve gastrectomy accounted for 64.6% of all bariatric surgeries performed in the US. Sleeve gastrectomy has been shown to be an effective and safe option for weight loss in individuals with obesity, with many patients experiencing significant improvements in their overall health and quality of life.
To learn your candidacy for gastric sleeve surgery or another minimally-invasive bariatric procedure at our Redlands area clinic, please contact us online or call Dr. Davtyan today to schedule your complimentary consultation.