Is Weight Loss Surgery in Rancho Cucamonga Right for You?
If you’re considering weight loss surgery in Rancho Cucamonga, you know how hard it is to manage weight on your own. Managing your weight is an incredibly difficult challenge that many people will never truly understand. While there will always be a few lucky people with strong metabolisms and reliable thyroid function, most people have to work incredibly hard to achieve their goal weight and in some cases, it simply isn’t possible without a medical intervention such as weight loss surgery.
There are a number of medical and personal reasons why you might be seeking weight loss surgery in Rancho Cucamonga and each one of them is important to consider before you make your final decision. If you’ve been asking yourself if weight loss surgery is right for you, and if so which type, here at The Weight Loss Surgery Center Of Los Angeles, we can help you make the right decision for your body.
Medical Reasons for Weight Loss Surgery in Rancho Cucamonga
One of the primary reasons why people seek weight loss surgery in Rancho Cucamonga is because their bodies have stopped cooperating in their efforts to stay trim and healthy. There are many medical conditions that can cause a person to put on and keep on weight no matter how healthy you eat or how much you exercise. If you’ve been working your tail off trying to lose weight and it just isn’t working due to a thyroid condition, medications you must take, or something else keeping you from achieving your goals, weight loss surgery may be able to help you get back to and maintain a healthier weight.
Personal Reasons for Weight Loss Surgery in Rancho Cucamonga
Even if you don’t have a serious medical condition that forces your body toward an unhealthy weight, many people have found in adulthood that their natural metabolisms slow down or that their inherited body shape isn’t how they envisioned their adult selves when they were younger. If you always planned to be thin and fit but your appetite, metabolism, and natural shape want you to be round, certain weight loss surgery procedures can help you take control and change the way your body responds to meals so you can finally look and feel healthy and beautiful.
Types of Weight Loss Surgery in Rancho Cucamonga
A big part of the decision to choose weight loss surgery in Rancho Cucamonga will depend on the kind of surgery you will pursue. Some treatments are better for medical conditions while others help those who suffer from over-active appetites. Which type of weight loss surgery is right for you will depend on your body, preferences, lifestyle, and goals.
- Also known as RYGB, a gastric bypass essentially makes your stomach smaller by causing food to bypass most of the stomach and settle in a smaller created area called a pouch. This will help you feel full much sooner and reduce the portions sizes you need to be satisfied.
Adjustable Gastric Band
- A gastric band, such as the Lap-Band, can also control how much food your stomach can comfortably hold by tightening a band that wraps around the top of your stomach, creating a small pouch. This is another way to make you feel fuller while eating less food.
- The gastric sleeve, also known as a sleeve gastrectomy, actually removes most of the stomach, leaving only a narrow, banana-shaped section of the upper stomach, known as the “sleeve”, to hold and digest food. Because the removed section of your stomach contributes to producing the hunger hormone ghrelin, you will produce less of it, further reducing your appetite.
- Gastric plication is a newer weight loss surgery in Rancho Cucamonga that will essentially pleat your stomach by folding in the sides, meaning no cutting or re-routing of your intestines is required. Your stomach will effectively become 70 percent smaller with minimal cutting and zero tissue removal.
- For those with a problem with how the stomach communicates with the brain, a gastric pacemaker works much like a heart pacemaker. However, instead of regulating your heartbeat, the gastric pacemaker regulates your appetite. It tells your brain that your stomach is full by using small electric pulses. It even comes with a remote control so you can feel full on command.
Life After Weight Loss Surgery in Rancho Cucamonga
Most people who go through a weight loss surgery in Rancho Cucamonga will find themselves steadily losing weight for about 18 to 24 months afterward as your body adapts to the new restricted calorie limit and healthier eating and lifestyle habits. As you retrain yourself to eat smaller portions and to make more positive choices, such as being more physically active, you will start to feel more in control of how you look and feel. This is an incredibly rewarding experience.
To achieve the best results, it’s important to prepare for a drastic change in your lifestyle. You will want to change the foods that you stock your fridge and pantry with (fresh produce instead of processed/packaged junk) and make better choices when eating out at restaurants as your body craves smaller portions of healthier foods.
Is weight loss surgery in Rancho Cucamonga right for you? For everyone who makes this choice, the decision is always deeply personal. If you’ve been fighting a medical condition, your own appetite, or just think it’s time to make a change, weight loss surgery can help you take control of your life and your body.
If you’re not sure, we invite you to come in for a complimentary consultation with Dr. David Davtyan who will help you determine if weight loss surgery in Rancho Cucamonga is right for you and, if so, which procedure will improve your life the most. For more information about weight loss surgery in Rancho Cucamonga, or if you’d like to visit one of our other convenient locations in Beverly Hills, Glendale or Fountain Valley, please contact us today!